Oh goody, another blog

Social networking sites suck for blogging, and any other blogs I may or may not be responsible for have long since slipped into disrepair. So, I begin a new blog. I hope to make this something of a mil-blog, only less military and other random crap. But first, a few things about me.

I'm just shy of 26 years old. I'm in the Army, which I love. I'm married to a beautiful woman the name of Rebecca (if I put some effort into the blog and post photos, you might even get to see her, you lucky dogs) and I've a 5 month old son whose name is Declan. They're my life, my love, and my pride. I would personally move Heaven and Earth for them. So you can imagine I am unlikely to hesitate to utterly destroy anyone who intended them harm. 

I come from an officer-free military family. My wife's family is almost entirely Police, Fire, and Rescue. So I get along just fine with my in-laws, who understand and appreciate the similarities in attitude that comes with the civil service business.

I'm a warrior and I'm a Patriot. I am in the military because I enjoy it, and cannot imagine another life that I would find better or more suitable, and because I serve a national of ideals worthy of my service.

I'm a Christian, and I serve God for the same reason I serve the Constitution and the people of the United States: He is an ideal worthy of my service, and my life. If I am wrong about His existence, I don't give a damn. I'm too busy living a good and temperate life, raising a family, and living according to the beliefs and ideals I believe he has instilled in me.

And that's what life is about, honestly: Finding an ideal worthy of your life, and living for it. 

I'll have more on these and other topics in upcoming installments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensationalism surrounds MMA fatality

The evolution of music